Thursday, April 1, 2010

Break the Rules

In life and love, there are unwritten rules that most people follow. How long should a guy wait to call a girl after he gets her number, how many dates before it's 'ok' to have sex, how long until you can say 'I love you?' We play it safe. We all do it... how many times have you asked your friend, "Do you think that's too soon?" or let your cellphone ring 4 or 5 times before you answer his call (meanwhile, you've probably been staring at it for an hour waiting for that call.) Now i'm not saying a person should rush into anything, or act like a needy psycho ;) but take it on a case-by-case basis. I'm a big believer in doing what you feel -- so sometimes, I tend to make impulsive decisions, usually based on a 'feeling'... but you know what? I've never regretted one move I've made. It's the words I didn't say, the things I didn't do, the chances I didn't take... If you feel it, say it. If you want it, go for it. Life is too short to play games. So break the rules: take a chance, say what you're thinking, maybe even make a mistake. Who knows, that 'mistake' might bring you to the exact place you need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment