Saturday, March 27, 2010

One.

I've been thinking about blogging for awhile. I've always been a pretty consistent journal-keeper, but maybe it's time to catch up with the times. I'm not really into the whole introduction part.. I kind of just wanted a place to write down my thoughts about anything and everything & if for some reason people enjoy reading them, then that's just cool. I figure if I can make someone say "Heyyy that's exactly what I just went through", well then that's pretty amazing. I recently moved out of my parent's house into my very first apartment. I love it. There's just something about having your own space. I've heard so many older women tell me that their biggest regret was moving right from their parents' house into their husband's house -- they never got a chance to have something that just belonged to them. Don't get me wrong, my dad still comes over to dig out my car if it snows, and if I see a bug I'll probably pack my bags and end up back home -- so I can't sit here and preach independence -- but I definitely think it was a good choice to give myself some "me" time before I have to share someday. :)
Did I mention I'm not very good at sharing?? I guess it's the only child in me, but I'm probably not the easiest person to live with. I like things the way I like them... It's the little things. For example, I don't believe in eating an uneven number of frozen waffles (because really who wants to be the unlucky person left with just ONE in the box?!). I guess I just have a few pet peeves to get over. But for now, I don't have to. And someday, when I actually want to share with someone, maybe just maybe it won't bother me if he leaves one waffle in the box ;)

So I guess that's where the title of this blog comes from -- Fly girl, fly. My dad has always encouraged me to get out into the world and do my own thing. I grew up being taught to never doubt myself; that no dream is impossible. And I think that mentality has a lot to do with who I am and how I see the world. So my advice is this: take the time to get to know yourself, love yourself, and little by little you'll learn to fly.

1 comment:

  1. Lace, your blog is beautiful I've read the whole thing and follow it I'm so sorry for your loss ;( ill light a candle for Jon at church on Sunday... If you have time I blog too about my husbands injury in Afghanistan (he's a soldier) www.lifeafterhomecoming.blogspot.com also if you have some time I'd love to talk to you about your job, I'm thinking of going back to school to be a nurse and have a few questions thank you!

    ReplyDelete