Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chocolate & Vanilla

The following is an email from Jonathan from about a year ago. It pretty much sums us up. :) I don't think I ever truly realized how lucky I was. <3

Laciface,

I need to tell you that there are a few things I'm sure of, and these are things that DO NOT CHANGE. EVER.
The first and most obvious is that I love you. When I say that, it means everything I can possible conceive it to mean. You are a part of me; a part of me that I cherish and want to take care of, to nourish, flourish, and protect like nothing else. You are my other half (my chocolate half, and I'm obviously your vanilla). You can be caramel if you want, but either way you are the other half of me, what I don't have, what I'm not, and the part that I need if I ever want to add up to a whole. And that's the point. Of everything, I think. Because if you go through life always just being a half, then you never know the joy of experiencing wonderful things alongside that person who makes everything that much better.

When good things happen, I need you next to me to share them with me. When bad things happen, like allll the time, you are the rock I need to keep me going. I hope I can be that for you, too, and I'm sorry that most of the time I'm the reason either of us needs a rock at all.

I want to make you happy. You make me happy every day just because I know I have you. I fall asleep next to you thinking how lucky I am, because how many people in the world get to fall asleep in such a perfect place, such an escape from the world, next to the person they are so utterly in love with? Even though the next words you say to me might be "get away," or "too hot," or "no snuggles," I'd rather feel your warmth nearby than anything else. I hate waking up on days you have to leave and realizing you're already gone, not coming back, and I have to lay in our bed all by myself without snuggles. I'm so excited for the idea of sharing a bed for the next 2000 years.

I love thinking about you being my best friend. Being in the trenches with you...it's a figure of speech, but we really are "in the trenches" together more than most couples could ever fathom. But I don't see it as a bad thing. I don't see it as being "stuck," and I really hope you don't either. I still consider myself incredibly lucky because if I HAVE to do it, I GET to do it with you. My love for you is unquestionable. It is also unconditional. I will try to show it to you more, because you not knowing it is inexcusable.

You are my angel. I intend to hold onto you. Even if you yell at me. I yell sometimes too. It means we care.

I care a lot ;)

I love you so much Spaceyface.

No comments:

Post a Comment